Thursday 11 June 2009

How time flies

Gosh it has been a week and a day since my last post and this is me making an effort. I suppose this time I do have an excuse, I have been preparing for the school fare. It was today. I had intended to record the event with a few snapshots here and there, but my trusted camera stayed at home with hubby and the bairn. I had a good time but people were not prepared to pay for my handmade goodies. There are three possible reasons for this (A) my stuff was rubbish
(B) people are feeling the pinch in the recession
(C) people are too cheap and do not appreciate hand crafted.

I hate the thought that my stuff was rubbish, but I think some of it was. I tried to appeal to the common denominator and I think I failed. I did not prepare enough variety and I can't say I was well organized because I was not, but on the upside I was advised to seek out craft fares which means my stuff was good enough to be considered craft not tat. I am pleased with myself. I did make some money and so with the kitchen in a state (due to building works) we are having pizza on me.

1 comment:

  1. Well done you! I can't imagine ever being brave enough to offer anything I made for sale, although I would love to be able to make a teeny bit of money from my crafting obsessions. I'll be following your endeavours with interest!

    Enjoy that pizza - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You let me know I'm not on my own.