Saturday 16 January 2010

Inspired by Poppy Treffry

I love all things craft.  People who know me know this.  I really do like to experiment with different crafts and techniques.  My sewing machine has been my best crafting buddy for a while.  I really haven't shared much of what I have made but I am trying to address that now by blogging often.

I like to browse Amazon for the latest books on crafts new and old to me. One of my latest finds was Poppy Treffry's title 'Free and Easy Stitch Style'. 

I have many craft books but I have to admit that I have been disappointed by the content in a few of them. This is not the case I am happy to admit with my newest acquisition. 

I don't own this book yet, and what I have found useful in creating my own craft library is to loan books from the public library before I purchasing.  This one has been added to my wishlist. 

It has easy to follow instructions, lots of pictures which I really appreciate and templates for projects.  It is published by David and Charles. My only complaint which is often the case with books like this, is that the templates need to be enlarged before being really useful. I suppose this is a small deviation before the crafting can begin.



So my adventures in free hand embroidery which is the topic of this book began a few days ago and my progress goes a little like this:

Yesterday

Today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You let me know I'm not on my own.