Sunday 31 May 2009

Talacre 09





Last year we visited this beach with friends and yesterday we returned. It is such a lovely peaceful place. There is a huge lighthouse a vast expanse of sand and dunes and of course the sea which is so shallow it is great for paddling in. It was a great day. Marcus loved digging around in the sand and found hundreds yes hundreds of ew yucky jelly fish.



Angelo hated being on the sand. I don't know if he disliked the texture or the heat. He would not keep his hat on the little rascal, fortunately we were pitched under John's fishing umbrella. What a godsend that was. We sat in the shade and I crocheted. Yes I crochet. I was so relaxed. John and Marcus paddled. I walked down to the beach and we tried to fly our kite. Well we are novices and it didn't really work but we had a super day. Talacre has such fond memories for us. we will get there again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Isnt Angelo getting big now he is still gorgeous and my lot still wont wear hats!! I am trying to do crochet now but am finding it difficult. I just got a let's crochet magazine and it launches straight into patterns I cant understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh writing in the sand really takes me back to my childhood. I have a sudden urge to do it again. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You let me know I'm not on my own.