Wednesday 30 April 2008

Another visit to the Midwife

Today I had my final appointment with the midwife (pre baby that is). My next visit to her office is scheduled for 14th May. I hope I don't have to attend.

I did not see the midwife that normally sees me. I saw someone else. I have no relationship with her and it kind of took me back when we got there. I wanted to ask lots of questions but it felt really rushed today and I have come away feeling very flat.

I was advised to ring the Midwife Tirage when I go into labour. I was then told that at that time I could be told that the dept is full. How much of a nightmare is that? I know our Maternity service is in crisis but I did not expect this. I would not be so stressed about it if my pregnancy was straightforward. Little man is presenting face first (OP) for those in the know which means labour could be longer and more painful I was told. Being informed that the dept is full (I know,, this might not happen) is just another stress.

On a positive note I did find out about Baby Massage classes; where and when they are etc. I cannot wait and will be participating as soon as I can.

:)

1 comment:

  1. hey hun
    thanks for your comment on my blog! i know exactly how you are feeling i have nothing but problems and i have a midwife that never seems interested in listening to me! keep your chin up not long to go and i know its not much compensation but the pain will be worth it in the end lol!!
    take care
    kellyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You let me know I'm not on my own.