Wednesday 26 September 2007

Altered Pencil lines


This time I was influenced by Sketch 49

I really loved the geometric shapes on this layout. I loved the combination of sqaures and rectangles. It was very easy to translate this idea to my note book.

My journal began as a plain A5 inexpensive notebook.

I used a krylon marker to make the edges pop on the front of the book. I chose a metallic colour that would enhance my design.

I used Bockingford water colour paper to create the geometric shapes that form the background to my design. I cut each square piece 1" X 1" and for the rectangle shapes I cut 1" X 2".

After cutting the background papers to the correct size I took a large collage stamp and used it to create an overall image. I wanted the each piece of water colour paper to look like it had been cut from a larger sheet of paper with a large design. I used Black Stazon for this. I inked all over using pigment inks to inject each piece with colour and life. The pieces were then arranged and not glued until I was happy with the arrangement. I used wet glue for permanence.

I created a mat (2 1/2" x 4")using black card. I cut another piece of water colour paper which I smeared with ink in contrasting colours to those I had used for the backgound. I used mod podge and an image from a serviette that has been hanging around for ages to create the focus for this piece.

I used dimensional paint to create a flourish.

I embellished the design with a large bloom cut down to a manageable size.

The title is stamped using white brilliance ink.

Hope you like.

I thought these could be made for Christmas pressies. The whole thing cost very little and was very quick to make. It took about

5 comments:

  1. this is really nice.

    i like that sketch too.

    might give it a go myself next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I hope the morning sickness clears up soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is lovely, gorgeous colours, really draws you in
    x
    joy http://alterme.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Such gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You let me know I'm not on my own.