Tuesday 29 March 2011

Cathedral Window Resources

I  trawled the net for a Cathedral Window tutorial and found a few.  I have seen the most gorgeous quilts made using this method.  I thought I would share some of my finds.:

Cathedral cushion tute 
Another Cathedral cushion tute
Great quilt (you tube)
Yet another Cathedral tute (machine sewn)

I made my squares 7" and the windows were 2".  I machine sewed my squares  using this tute (vid).    I hand sewed my windows.

I used quilting needles which was a must as I started without them and I have the wounds to prove it!  A thimble too would be good.  You need to push hard as you are sewing through 4 layers of fabric.

This process is longwinded but it is worth the effort.  I was feeling rough this weekend so this cushion was a distraction.  I now have something beautiful that sits on my bed.  You can do it, make your hands and your eyes happy, take the time and make something beautiful.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You let me know I'm not on my own.